What kinds of cleaners do you use?
We use only earth friendly and septic-safe products by default for residential clients . For tougher grime, we ask our clients for permission to pull out the heavy-duty cleaners, on a one-time or as-needed basis. By providing our own quality supplies, we eliminate this burden for our clients and are certain to have the right products for the job. Have allergies? They’re no match for our vacuum’s HEPA filtration system.
What payment methods do you take?
We accept Interac eTransfer and Paypal online. If you want to pay our cleaner directly on site you can pay cash as well. Unfortunately we do not accept cheques. Once your job is done you will receive an invoice via email with your total. There will be a handy button on your invoice to the payment page.
What kinds of background checks and training do you have?
We have over 18 years of experience and a spotless background. The owner’s background check is available for you to view at your request. We hire very carefully to select only the best applicants whose work history shows strong customer service and longevity. They must wow us at every stage of the hiring process: in-depth application and interview, nationwide criminal background check, and multiple reference checks. Each team member passes tests on products, techniques and safety before entering the field.
I want to hire you on a recurring basis. How does it work?
We start by performing a one-time deep cleaning, after which you have the option to schedule a recurring service on a regular day/time with one or two default cleaners. To get started, please book online, or contact us by phone or email. Our online booking system allows you to book 2 or 4 hour blocks, and allows you to choose recurring days. The initial cleaning can likely take 3-4 hours with one cleaner. We’ll take it from there!
How do you know what I need done?
We will call to confirm your booking before our first visit. We also always welcome a list. Please take a look at our residential standard tasks list, and note that the items on the right are by request. The same goes for our commercial clients – we have a standard task list and items to the right are by request. The first appointment will take longer as we get your home or business up to our standard of clean, and will require more tasks. Recurring clients may add requested tasks regularly without extra charges as they fit into their time slot.
Do I need to be home or at my business when you clean?
Nope! Only if you want. Most clients prefer to leave so they can do more fun things before returning home to a sparkling clean house or office. It’s customary to provide us with a spare key or code. If you prefer, you’re more than welcome to be home, and we’ll be happy to work around you.
How do you keep my key safe?
Upon receiving your key, we stamp it with a randomly generated key code which makes it identifiable only to those within our company. No name, no address, no nothing. If someone outside of our company came across the key, they would have no way of knowing to whom it belonged.
Is it ok that I have pets?
One of your cleaner’s favorite things about their job is getting to meet the furry members of your family! When you sign up for service, we’ll ask about your pets, so we can be prepared for the escape-artist kitty or unfriendly dog. Our non-toxic products are safe for all types of families and their pets.
What if I’m not happy with the cleaning?
Your happiness is our happiness, and we stand by our Quality Guarantee. If the job isn’t done to your satisfaction, just leave it as it is, and call us within 48 hours. We’ll come back and make it perfect at no charge. We’ll also take $25 off that service for the inconvenience. If the work was done well, but more time was needed to finish all that you would have liked done, we can arrange to schedule more time.
What if I need to cancel?
Should you need to reschedule or cancel, please make sure to provide a full 24 hours notice. If less notice is given, the late fee is 50% if you reschedule to another day or if the appointment is skipped altogether.
What is the minimum number of hours I can schedule cleaning?
We have a 2 hour minimum with one cleaner, which is typically the lowest you’ll find in our industry. We charge by man hours, which means we may send one cleaner for two hours, or two cleaners for one hour. We do this to help with our scheduling, but giving us that flexibility can save you money so we can offer that lower minimum.
I’ve never had a cleaner. What are the social rules?
Give us feedback. Everyone wants a clean home, but you might be surprised by how widely that vision varies between customers. Please communicate often. You are always encouraged to double check our work – meticulously, even! Please kindly wait until we’ve finished and double checked it first. Tipping is never expected, but always appropriate and appreciated. Typical gratuity ranges anywhere from $5-$30 per cleaner, and can be added via cash or Paypal to email@example.com with a note.
It’s also customary to please pick things up off the floor and declutter counters and surfaces, within reason. This allows your cleaner to focus on the nitty gritty dirt and grime. Dishes are considered a daily chore, so please clear your sink and counters of any dirty dishes to the best of your ability. Your cleaner will be happy to move a few dirty dishes out of the way to clean underneath. If picking up and doing dishes are part of why you’ve hired us, we’ll be happy to do those by request!
Can you do outdoor areas?
We can sweep and vacuum patios, decks, rough concrete floors, unfinished basements, garages, etc. with our wet/dry shop vac. We can also clean indoor and exterior windows that are reachable with a 2 foot step stool. For safety reasons we do not climb ladders. We extension dusters for de-cobwebbing outside so you might be surprised how high we can reach. Please let us know ahead of time if you need these outdoor areas done, as we need to plan ahead and bring the right equipment.
What about poop, blood and other nasty materials? Can you clean my medical clinic?
This includes, but is not limited to: litter boxes, pet messes, bird guano, blood, feces, urine, and overflowed toilets. Cleaning body fluids (including that of our furry friends) requires special BBP certification and training in handling of biohazardous materials, which we have. We have years of hospital cleaning experience. Please call and discuss with us first and removal of these materials requires an extra disposal fee and specialized tools.
What can’t you do?
- Weight – We have a 20 lb. weight limit for safety reasons. We can move smaller items like dining table chairs, small ottomons, etc. to clean under. If you would like any heavier furniture cleaned under, you’re welcome to move it and we’ll be happy to clean under it upon request.
- Heights – We are limited to a 2 foot or shorter step stool. Safety is of the utmost importance to us. The great news is that our cobwebbing tools extend, so we’ll still be able to get most of those pesky cobwebs, except for on very high/vaulted ceilings.
- Clutter – We will work around any higher-clutter areas to the best of our ability. Same with areas being used for storage, like underneath beds and on top of cabinets. We are always happy to customize your cleaning service, so please let our office know if you’d like these types of things removed to clean under and behind.
- Heavy Hanging Objects – Large artwork, or heavy hanging mirrors that aren’t secured to the wall, are a couple of examples of heavy hanging objects. There is a high risk of both injury to the cleaner and breakage to the object. We’ll be happy to dust the tops of typical picture frames, etc. as usual.
- Fine Artwork – For example, statues or paintings. The first rule of house cleaning is Do No Harm. There are professionals who specialize in cleaning artwork to keep your special treasures pristine. If you have any irreplaceable or very delicate items that you don’t want touched, just let our office know and we’ll update your account.
- Hand Scrubbing Floors – This is something we do routinely on smaller bathroom floors during a deep clean, and a special add-on that we’re happy to do occasionally upon request on a regular basis. Contact our office before your cleaning day to arrange it. Our customers are very happy with their clean floors after we thoroughly vacuum and damp mop them each time. That said, if it’s important that your floors pass a “wet paper towel test”, you’ll want to add-on a hand scrub. Our only restriction is that we can’t hand scrub all floors every time, for health and safety reasons.
- Mold – Some amount of pink/orange mildew, or even darker mold, is common in most homes in our region. Large amounts of mold in shower areas, on walls, etc. can affect air quality and pose a safety issue. We aren’t able to clean in rooms that are heavily affected by mold, or in homes with heavy mold infestations, especially black mold. This requires a mold remediation specialist. We are happy to do the cleanup after a mold-removal job!
- Bugs – We apologize that we aren’t able to offer post-fumigation cleanings. We ask that any bug infestations or fumigation clean-ups are completed in their entirety before we enter a home.
- Fireplaces – The soot/ash from a fireplace will damage our equipment, especially our vacuums. We can sweep out a fireplace, however, fireplace cleaning must be done by a trained fireplace specialist.
- Chandeliers – Chandeliers require special training, tall ladders and tools to clean thoroughly and without risk of breaking. While we don’t clean them ourselves, there are some great specialty companies that would be happy to.